Friday, February 25, 2011

Diana Ross - still fierce after all these years!

I remember how thrilled I was to watch Diana Ross when she and The Supremes were on the Ed Sullivan show some 40 something years ago. Dating myself I know. But to see black women being celebrated on tv was major fierceness because there were no black folk on tv then - ever - not even in a bad way! And then on top of that they were gorgeous and wore these beautiful gowns. (They are who Destiny's Child got their bright ideas from.)

So here she is on Oprah today -- wow! Still a diva, looking gorgeous. Some face work perhaps but not over the top. And a beautiful family who she seems to be devoted to. And when Billy Dee Williams came out, OMG. They had such gorgeous chemistry in Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany. So....once again I was thrilled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home